Ethics, Privacy and ©
Code of Ethics (1)
The Alcazarén Award Program evaluators, hereby declare that they adhere to the following Code of Ethics to ensure fairness to all applicants and to maintain the honor and integrity of applicants, evaluators and Awards:
- Agree that all critiques given will be constructive in nature, as positive comment is productive, in a effort to promote goodwill and advance the level of quality among websites.
- Agree to be uniform in eligibility qualification and requirements (Criteria) and will fairly evaluate all websites meeting the Criteria which are submitted by any applicant.
- Agree not to discriminate on grounds of race, gender, nation of origin, religion, profession, age, or any other reason which is not globally viewed as an illegal trait or manner of conduct.
- Agree to set forth Awards Criteria and to adhere to same. Websites will be evaluated under the Criteria which was in effect at the time of their applications.
- Agree to maintain a professional, friendly and positive manner in any correspondence or communication held with any applicant.
- Agree not to accept favors of any sort in exchange for preferential treatment of submissions and will. At all times, maintain a high standard of honesty and integrity in the Alcazarén Award Program.
The Alcazaren Award Program is member of the following ethical organizations: The Ethics Pledge.
The information received for the evaluation (award request) is used in the evaluation process by the AP only. After the evaluation or after a period of one month (maximum evaluation limit) it will be destroyed with the exception of: date of reception, website address (URL), website name and country. These four items are maintained for applicants' statistical analysis and for the award winners list in this website. No information, or part of it, will be passed or distributed to third parties.
Writing and entering information in the website (not required by this Award Program) is equivalent to writing in public.
This website content is copyrighted by Alcazaren.com and has a Creative Commons license that, unless otherwise noted (e.g. the AP graphics), allows for the original content to be copied, distributed and displayed (including derivative work) with the following conditions: give the original author credit, for noncommercial purposes and with a share alike license. The aforementioned conditions can be waived obtaining permission to do so.
(1). Last Code of Ethics update: 2003-03-26.